To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Alnylam Grants RNAx License to Key Patent in RNA Interference
28-01-2004: Alnylam Pharmaceuticals, Inc., the leading RNAi therapeutics company, today announced that its German affiliate, Ribopharma AG, has granted RNAx GmbH a non-exclusive license to provide research services under a fundamental patent in RNA interference (RNAi). The licensed patent is the first and only issued patent covering the use of short double-stranded RNAs to elicit RNAi. Under the terms of the agreement, RNAx will pay initial and annual license fees, as well as royalties on sales of licensed services.
"This new license, the fourth we have granted so far this year, reinforces the importance of our fundamental patent in RNAi," said Vincent Miles, Ph.D., Senior Vice President, Business Development of Alnylam. "The continued strong interest in research applications of RNAi should lead to greater understanding of diseases and new insights into how they may be treated with RNAi therapeutics."
"We are committed to supporting our customers with high-quality services to complement and enhance their internal research programs," said Joerg Poetzsch, Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer of RNAx. "This new license is not only important for our ability to offer these services. It also fits in our strategy to deliver to our customers a full package of services, including the security to be able to legally use the generated data."
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures