Particle size, size distribution and particle count are major characteristics in the field of particle technology. Contamination analysis and classification of nanomaterials according 2011/696/EU require precise data of the number based particle size distribution and particle concentration.
LUM GmbH introduces a new measuring instrument, developed by LUM GmbH and designed by the world-famous designer Luigi Colani. The LUMiSpoc is a highly advanced single particle scattered light photometer that measures particle size distribution and particle concentration of nano- and microparticles in suspensions and emulsions with an unparalleled resolution and a dynamic range from below 100 nm to a few micrometers.
Powered by SPLS-Technology (Single Particle Light-Scattering) the LUMiSpoc records light scattered into different directions from individual nano- and micro particles passing a focused laser beam of non-spherical cross-section. Particle separation is achieved by hydrodynamic focusing of sample flow. Volume calibrated sample flow allows for accurate measurement of particle concentration.
The LUMiSpoc analyses multimodal and very broad dispersed real-world particles and determines smallest size differences down to the nanometer range.
- Nanoparticle design
- Number concentration determinations
- Number-based size distribution
- Classification of nanomaterials
- Agglomeration & flocculation kinetics
- Protein aggregation
- Coalescence/Ostwald ripening
- Coarse grain fractions
- Membrane testing/cut off
- Functionalized particles
- Reference particles
- CMP slurries
- Biological objects
- High precision characterisation of individual particles
- Nano particle concentration
- Large measurement range (sizing & counting from 50 nm to 8 µm)
- Multimodal & polydisperse size distributions with high resolution
- Sample amount as small as 250µl
- Easy to clean