To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
GATC Biotech expands its sequencing laboratories in Constance and Cologne
30 new jobs are planned in 2012
16-11-2011: GATC Biotech continues to grow in 2012. The company will expand the laboratories at its headquarters in Constance and plans to establish a new site in Cologne, Germany.
The premises in Constance will become the new European Genome and Diagnostics Center with GATC Biotech’s fleet of Next and Third Generation sequencing systems, such as Illumina HiSeq 2000 and Pacific Biosciences PacBio RS. There the company will focus on genome sequencing projects, offering its customers true multiplatform sequencing strategies. Furthermore, the laboratories of the daughter company LifeCodexx will be extended to provide the necessary capacity for the upcoming non-invasive molecular genetic prenatal diagnostic test for trisomy 21.
The new laboratory in Cologne will concentrate on single sample sequencing due to its central location in Europe and its excellent infrastructure. With the improved logistics and closeness to customers the company will be able to offer shortest delivery times and highly competitive prices.
GATC Biotech will therefore create more than 30 new jobs in the coming year for both sites and grow to a total of 170 employees. Thus, the company’s workforce will have more than quadrupled since 2006.
“Rapidly developing new technologies and high price pressure are the key market drivers in our business. With our clear focus and strategy of consolidation we will meet the new challenges successfully. I would like to express my gratitude to all our employees who are actively supporting the decisions and drive them forward with highly motivated spirit,” says Peter Pohl, CEO of GATC Biotech and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of LifeCodexx AG.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Evotec and Harvard University to collaborate on development of new class of antibacterials
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial year 2012/2013
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differentiation
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013