A clean analytical balance or precision balance is the first step towards safe and accurate weighing. Cleaning increases user safety and reduces the risk of cross-contamination, and is the most important action to prolonged instrument life.
Cleaning of a laboratory balance can be fast and easy, if you know how to do it right. In this reference guide you will get answers to the following frequently asked questions:
- When should I clean my balance?
- What material do I need and which cleaning agents should I use?
- How do I clean different parts of my balance?
- Can I move my balance to clean around it?
- What do I need to do after I have finished cleaning?