To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
National Academy of Sports Medicine
The National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) is a certification, research and fitness education organization that was founded in California in 1987. NASM develops continuing education for professional athletic trainers. The organization provides advanced degrees for certified health and fitness professionals and specialists, including personal trainers, physical therapists, sports medicine doctors and practitioners, chiropractors, massage therapists, general practitioners, nurses, dietitians, and nutritionists.
Additional recommended knowledge
In aiding Stoudemire back to full health, Dr. Clark applied a logical and science-based approach to the rehabilitation using a system he developed called Optimum Performance Training, which is based on the understanding of how different parts of the body help or hinder each other. He focused on improving other areas of his body besides his knee and determined what caused the injury, so that he could fix the problem .
Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) Certification
• Educational training program and certification for personal trainers focusing on movement science, exercise science, nutrition and behavior modification. • CPT provides training in goal specific program design for optimal results, accurate assessment for everyone from first time gym members to high-level athletes, and teaching exercises in a safe and effective manner adaptable to any client.
Performance Enhancement Specialist (PES) Advanced Specialization
• Allows a practitioner to create highly individualized and integrated training programs that enrich training and maximize athletic performance. • Training covers human movement science, athletic posture, nutrition, integrated training for athletic performance, core balance, speed and strength training. • PES is among the most respected advanced training available to athletic trainers on the high school, college and professional levels.
Corrective Exercise Specialist (CES) Advanced Specialization
• Specialization that focuses on the ability to work with musculoskeletal impairments, imbalances or post-rehabilitation concerns leading to pain and fatigue. • CES is often used with athletes of all levels to ensure that repetitive motions do not become painful or dangerous.
Continuing & Higher Education
• NASM offers health and fitness professionals more than 20 home study courses to stay abreast of the latest industry trends. Course topics include: Corrective Exercise, Human Movement Science, Exercise Technique, Special Populations Training, and Training for Weight Management/
• NASM education is integrated into the curriculum of accredited bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs offered by the California University of Pennsylvania the Arizona School of Health Sciences.
Clark, Micheal (2006). Optimum Performance Training: Basketball. HarperCollins. ISBN 0-9710286-2-1.
|This article is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License. It uses material from the Wikipedia article "National_Academy_of_Sports_Medicine". A list of authors is available in Wikipedia.|