List of animals that have been cloned
This is a list of animals that have been cloned in alphabetical order.
Additional recommended knowledge
Chinese embryologist Tong Dizhou successfully inserted the DNA from a male Asian carp into the egg of a female Asian carp to create the first fish clone in 1963. In 1973 Tong inserted Asian carp DNA into a European crucian carp to create the first interspecies clone.
In December 2001, scientists at Texas A&M University created the first cloned cat, CopyCat. In 2004, the first commercially cloned cat, Little Nicky, was created by Genetic Savings & Clone.
- Millie and Emma were two female jersey cows cloned at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville in 2001. They were the first cows to be produced using standard cell-culturing techniques.
- Alpha and Beta (males, 2001)
- Pampa the first animal cloned in Argentina by Biosidus (2002)
- Ten more jersey cows were cloned at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville. (females, 2002)
- As of 2007, Fighting Cattle is expected to be born at Mexico cloned from indulted bull "Zalamero"
- South Korean scientist Hwang Woo-Suk cloned the first dog, an afghan hound named Snuppy.
- Noah (male, January 2001).,
- Prometea (female, 2003)
- Paris Texas (male, March 2005)
- PH Jewel - Cyagra Laboratories.
- Budjon JK Elegance - Cyagra Laboratories
- Con-Acres HZ Zita - Cyagra Laboratories
- Aitkenbrae Starbuck Ada - Cyagra Laboratories
- Snow-N-Deniese Dellia - Cyagra Laboratories
- Ragencrest Jed Deborah - Cyagra Laboratories
- Ragencrest Emory Derry - Cyagra Laboratories
- Shoremar S Alicia - Cyagra Laboratories
- Van Dyke Integrity Paradise - Cyagra Laboratories
- Rainyridge Tony Beauty - Cyagra Laboratories
- Smiddiehill Dundee Paradise - unknown
- Mice were the later cloned mammals; in 1986, USSR's scientists Chaylakhyan, Veprencev, Sviridova, Nikitin had mice "Masha" cloned. Research was published in the magazine "Biofizika" volume ХХХII, issue 5 of 1987.. However, the cloning was done from an embryo cell, while the sheep Dolly in 1996 was cloned from an adult cell.
- First from adult cells, Cumulina, was born in 1997 at the University of Hawai'i at Mānoa in the laboratory of Ryuzo Yanagimachi using the Honolulu technique.
- Over a dozen as of 2002
- An endangered species, the Mouflon was the first to live past infancy. Cloned 2001
- 5 Scottish PPL piglets (Millie, Billy, Alexis, Carrel, and Dotcom) (March 2000)
- Xena (female, August 2000)
- In France and North Korea independently (March-April, 2003)
- Tetra (female, January 2000)  by embryo splitting.
- From early embryonic cells by Steen Willadsen (1986). Megan and Morag cloned from differentiated embryonic cells in June 1995.
- Dolly (1997) It was made in 1996, but was introduced to the world in 1997.
- Polly and Molly (Transgenic Clones, July 1997)
- Royana (2006) cloned in Royan Research institute in Isfahan, Iran.
- Oyalı (November 22, 2007) cloned in Istanbul University in Istanbul, Turkey  .
- Zarife (November 29, 2007) cloned in Istanbul University in Istanbul, Turkey .
- An endangered species of wolf cloned by Korean scientists including the controversial scientist (Hwang Woo-Suk)
- ^ Charles C. Mann. "The First Cloning Superpower", Wired, January 2003. Retrieved on 2007-06-03.
- ^ David Braun. "Scientists Successfully Clone Cat", National Geographic, February 14 2002. Retrieved on 2007-06-03.
- ^ "Pet Kitten Cloned for Christmas", BBC, December 23 2004. Retrieved on 2007-06-03.
- ^ "S. Korea unveils first dog clone", BBC, August 3 2005. Retrieved on 2007-12-15.
- ^ Newsweek, July 2/July 9, 2007. pg 63.