ÄKTA™ go is a small and compact liquid chromatography system that allows researchers to perform routine protein purification with ease while allowing for efficient use of bench and cold cabinet space. ÄKTA go has been developed for automated chromatography from the heritage of our fast protein liquid chromatography (FPLC) technology. The robust and reliable system hardware and UNICORN™ control software is designed to work together with our prepacked columns and chromatography resins for an efficient and successful way to purify proteins. The system supports commonly used chromatography techniques in an easy and accessible manner.
- Routine protein purification fitted into a compact system, with a footprint of only 335 × 464 mm, to make the most of valuable laboratory bench and cold cabinet/room space.
- Intuitive method creation in minutes and interactive process picture for maximum control and easy access to manual controls even during methods runs.
- Proven design of ÄKTA systems and UNICORN software combined with prepacked columns and resins for reliable operation and trusted results in protein purification.
The system is modular in design with all valves, monitors, and columns mounted on the front, wet side of the system. The design allows for easy interaction with all instrument modules. Several rails for attachment of column holders and extra valves are located at the front and on both sides of the instrument. A buffer tray on top of the instrument provides storage area for bottles. The large storage capacity is 2 × 2 L in combination with 2 × 1 L flasks giving a total 6 L buffer on top of the system.
The system flow path is designed to minimize band-broadening effects and to enable high-resolution protein separation. All wetted materials used in the flow path are biocompatible and resistant to commonly used buffers.
- high-performance system pump - robust and reliable titanium pump heads, flow rate range 0.01 - 25 mL/min, pressure range 0 to 5 MPa
- inlet valve for gradient formation – sample and three buffer inlets
- static mixer - ± 2% B (Conditions: 2% to 98% B, 0.5 to 20 mL/min, 0.7 to 2 cP)
- UV monitor – 280 nm LED (noise <0.1 mAU)
- conductivity monitor – 0.01 – 999.99 mS/cm (accuracy ± 0.01 mS/cm or ± 2%, whichever is greater between 0.3 to 300 mS/cm)
- outlet valve - three positions
AKTA go has a range of optional components, such as extra inlet valves, column valve, pH valve, air sensor, and fraction collector, that can be added as required to suit the requirements of your laboratory workflows.
- Optional valves - Inlet selection valves; Column selection valve for three columns; Column selection valve for five columns including pressure sensors; and pH valve
- pH monitor – ± 0.1 after calibration, Conditions: within pH 2 to 12, within ± 3˚C from calibration temperature; pH operating pressure range 0 to 0.5 MPa (5 bar, 72.5 psi)
- Round fraction collector, F9-R – 0.1 to 50 mL, up to 175 fractions (supported layouts: 175 x 3 mL tubes, 95 x 8 or 15 mL tubes, 40 x 50 mL tubes)
- Air sensor, I/O-box (two analog in, two analog out, four digital in, four digital out) allows connection of external detectors and ALIAS autosampler), extension box
ÄKTA go is fully supported by UNICORN software and gives you real-time control of your chromatography system. Automated methods can be created in minutes for most common chromatography techniques using preprogramed methods. UNICORN also supports evaluation of results. UNICORN consists of four modules: Administration, Method editor, System control (including process picture), and Evaluation. The modules work together for increased operational security, efficiency, and productivity.