My watch list
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Category:Medical doctors by specialty
This category contains various subcategories of physicians specialties.
Additional recommended knowledge
Some medical specialties are known by technical names; some of these are listed and defined below.
- Aerospace Medicine Specialists study the health, safety, and performance of persons involved in air and space travel.
- Andrologists diagnose and treat disorders of the male reproductive system.
- Anesthesiologists study and administer anesthetic medicines facilitating treatment and diagnosis of medical conditions.
- Dermatologists study the skin, its structure, functions, and diseases, as well as its appendages (nails, hair, sweat glands).
- Endocrinologists study disorders of the endocrine system and its specific secretions called hormones.
- Family Medicine study of disease diatheses, birthing to elderly age age groups' disease , as well as all aspects of disease and its prevention
- Gastroenterologists study diseases of digestive system.
- Gynecologists study diseases of the female reproductive system.
- Hematologists study blood and its diseases.
- Hepatologists study dieases of the liver.
- Immunologists study all aspects of the immune system in all organisms.
- Internists focus on adult medicine and have had special study and training focusing on the prevention and treatment of adult diseases.
- Microbiologists study causes, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
- Neurologists study the nervous system and its disorders.
- Neurosurgeons treat central and peripheral nervous system diseases which are amenable to mechanical intervention.
- Oncologists study the treatment of cancer.
- Ophthalmologists study the eye and eye surgery.
- Optometrists study eye and its diseases.
- Orthopaedists focus on the skeletal system and treat bone diseases.
- Otolaryngologists or ENT specialists treat the ear, the nose and the throat as well as the head and the neck.
- Parasitologists study parasites, their biology and pathology, as well as parasitic diseases.
- Pathologists study the abnormalities of living organisms.
- Paleopathologists study ancient diseases.
- Pediatricians study the medical care of infants, children, and adolescents.
- Physiatrists study and treat the function and rehabilitation of patients.
- Podiatrists study and treat disorders of the foot and ankle.
- Psychiatrists specialize in psychiatry, the branch of medicine that studies, diagnoses and treats mental illness and behavioral disorders.
- Radiologists study the medical use of X-rays or other imaging technologies to diagnose or treat disease.
- Urologists study the urinary system and its diseases.
There are 24 subcategories in this category, which are shown below. More may be shown on subsequent pages.
Pages in category "Medical doctors by specialty"
There are 3 pages in this section of this category.
Your browser is not current. Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 does not support some functions on Chemie.DE