To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Actelion announces change in its management structure
Otto Schwarz appointed Chief Operating Officer
09-06-2011: Actelion Ltd announced that Otto Schwarz has been appointed Chief Operating Officer (COO). Otto Schwarz joined Actelion in 2008 as Head of Business Strategy & Operations. In addition to Commercial Operations and Business Strategy he assumes responsibility for Corporate Services, Global Quality Management and Corporate Communications, with all three departments retaining their respective Heads.
Actelion Executive Committee with five core members
Actelion has also adapted the membership of its Executive Committee (AEC), chaired by Jean-Paul Clozel, to the needs of a growing organization and to strengthen leadership and governance. The Executive Committee members comprise:
- Jean-Paul Clozel (Chief Executive Officer)
- Otto Schwarz (Chief Operating Officer, Executive VP)
- Andrew Oakley (Chief Financial Officer, Executive VP)
- Guy Braunstein (Head Global Clinical Development, Executive VP)
- Nicholas Franco (Chief Business Development Officer, Executive VP)
In addition to this core group, the extended AEC includes the following members:
- Christian Albrich (Head Global Human Resources, Senior VP)
- Marian Borovsky (Group General Counsel, Senior VP)
- Martine Clozel (Chief Scientific Officer, Senior VP)
- Roland Haefeli (Head Investor Relations and Public Affairs, Senior VP)
In line with the focus on strategic matters that includes driving innovation, the Chief Executive Officer will maintain the three co-heads of Research as direct reports: Beat Steiner (Drug Discovery, Biology), Thomas Weller (Drug Discovery, Chemistry) and Martine Clozel (Drug Discovery, Pharmacology and Preclinical Development).
The Group Compliance Officer, Peter Herrmann, will report to both the Chief Executive Officer as well as to the Nominating and Governance Committee of the Board of Directors, to ensure continued focus on corporate compliance.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 7Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 8Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- 9MIV-210 - a potential drug against hepatitis B and HIV - enters phase II
- 10Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- Novasep appoints Udo Steinhauer as fine chemicals market director
- Definiens Appoints Professor Dr. Ralf Huss as Chief Medical Officer
- AMRI Promotes Takeshi Yura, Ph.D., to Vice President of Discovery and Develo ...
- Anders Hamsten to be installed as new president of Karolinska Institutet
- Biocartis strengthens management team with general counsel