Experience the future of microplate reader technology today with the SPECTROstar Nano. Using an ultrafast CCD-based spectrometer, it can capture a full UV-Vis absorbance spectrum from 220 to 1000 nm in 1, 2, 5, or 10 nm increments in less than 1 second per well.
Monochromators cannot match the speed or resolution of a spectrometer. In addition, it can measure a full spectrum in all microplate formats from 6- to 1536-wells, as well as low volumes (2µl) in BMG LABTECH’s LVis Plate.
Full spectra of individual samples can also be assessed by using the integrated cuvette port. This port accommodates standard, micro, and ultra-low volume cuvettes for measurements of 1µl.
The SPECTROstar Nano makes absorbance measurements easy with app-style, one-click button operation and predefined protocols for the most common absorbance assays such as ELISAs, DNA, RNA, protein (Bradford, BCA, Lowry), cell growth, beta-galactosidase, MTT toxicity, enzyme kinetics, and many more.
Some of the outstanding features include:
- Ultra-fast UV/Vis spectrometer
- Spectrum 220 to 1000 nm in <1 sec/well
- Microplate formats up to 1536 wells
- Cuvette port for standard, micro and ultra-low volume cuvettes
- Low volumes down to 2 µl
- Multimode shaking and incubation
- Well scanning, kinetic and endpoint measurements
- Gas vent for atmospheric sensitive samples
- Powerful MARS Data Analysis Software
- Robot compatible
SPECTROstar Nano applications include:
- 260/280 nm DNA quantitation
- Protein quantitation (e.g. Bradford Lowry, BCA)
- Reporter gene assays (e.g. ß-Gal, SEAP)
- Cell proliferation and apoptosis
- ELISA, enzyme immunoassays (e.g. alkaline phosphatase, horseradish peroxidase)
- Enzyme activity assays: Monitoring absorbance changes in cellular co-factors NADH and NADPH allowing the determination of enzymatic activity
- Microbial growth
- Protein aggregation
The speed of the spectrometer and the easy work-up in the software provide users with unmatched flexibility that can be used to optimize absorbance settings for all experiments.
Low Volume DNA Measurements with the LVis Plate
When low volume measurements such as DNA, RNA, or protein concentration determination are needed, the FLUOstar Omega can be paired with BMG LABTECH’s LVis Plate to measure sample volumes down to two microliters. It’s reusable, quick clean surface accommodates up to sixteen low volume samples, while software features help to calibrate and to determine the cleanliness of the LVis Plate.
Definable App-style software buttons have been added to BMG LABTECH’s control software, along with an extensive assay protocol database. These new features allow for quick and easy measurements of the most common microplate reader assays with minimal instrument set-up. When linked to a powerful MARS Data Analysis Software template, the most common microplate assays are measured and the data is fully analyzed in just one-click of a button. The MARS Data Analysis Software can handle simple linear regression or 5-parameter standard curve fits to complex Michaelis-Menten enzyme kinetics.