The CKX53 inverse microscope from Olympus makes your daily work routines easier thanks to its unrivaled visual field and advanced imaging capabilities. Inspired by the experience of many users, this microscope was specially developed and perfectly tailored for observing cell cultures. It gives you a better view of the confluence and the condition of your cells, while saving you effort and offering you optimal ergonomics and ease of use.
Capture entire wells of a microtiter plate thanks to a 20% larger visual field
For the first time, it is possible to observe complete wells of a microtiter plate without moving the stage. This is made possible by the combination of a 22 mm field of view and a 2X objective. You’ll benefit from a more than 20% larger visual field compared to conventional 20 mm microscopes.
3D structure of cell colonies easier to observe – without halos and shadows
With phase contrast, the cell structure of colonies is often difficult to analyze. Halos and directional shadows impair the view. The inverse contrast (IVC) technique of the CKX53, however, gives you clear three-dimensional views without any of these unwanted side effects.
Never again sit in the dark during fluorescence microscopy
The “Umbra Shield” effectively blocks out ambient light. So you’ll no longer have to turn off the light in your lab when you are microscoping fluorescence-labeled cells. Even when the fluorescence is weak, you’ll get high-contrast images regardless of the lighting in the room.
Design your cell culture workflow quickly and efficiently
Often it is the number of individual manual actions that determines how efficient a process is. Benefit from the advantages of a microscope that focuses entirely on workflow efficiency. With the CKX53 you can:
- Easily switch between Petri dishes, microtiter plates and cell culture flasks
- Use all objectives from 4x to 40x without changing the ring slit
- Work safely and conveniently in a sterile clean bench
- Observe multi-layer tissue flasks of up to 190 mm in height
- Increase your throughput
Applications of the inverse microscope CKX53 include:
- Live cell / fluorescence microscopy of cell and tissue cultures in medicine, pharmaceuticals and research
- Cell observation under sterile conditions
- Cell count and confluence measurement (particularly convenient when paired with Cell Counter R1 and the CKX-CCSW software)