To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
In Vitro Diagnostics Market in India 2012
The in vitro diagnostics market in India has gathered momentum in the last few years. Several companies, both domestic as well as foreign are entering the business with enthusiasm due to the tremendous growth the industry has been experiencing. The steadily growing number of medical centers in the country along with the ever increasing patient population will result in a growing target base of consumers which in turn will result the market to exhibit steady growth in future.
The report begins with the introduction section which offers a brief insight to the concept of in vitro diagnostic equipments, along with a broad segmentation of the in vitro diagnostic equipments. The value chain of IVD has also been provided in this section which gives the progressive stages of manufacturing of IVD equipments. It then moves to the market overview section which provides an insight of the Indian in vitro diagnostics market, with highlight on the market size and growth. The market size has been provided for the overall IVD market as well as for the different segments such as immunochemistry, biochemistry, hematology, microbiology, blood gas & electrolyte, molecular diagnostics, urinalysis and coagulation analysis. Market size forecasts have been done for both the IVD equipments market as well as for the IVD reagents market. The same has also been repeated for each of the segments in the market.
This is followed by an analysis of the drivers leading to growth in the industry. This include high patient population growth rate, increasing number of hospitals and diagnostic labs, innovation by pharmaceutical companies, unhealthy lifestyle leading to chronic diseases, demand for cost effective, faster and sensitive results, increased affluence and increased healthcare awareness. The main challenges to the market include faulty regulations leading to disorientation of IVD products and prevalence of laboratories without accreditation. The next section elaborates the laws and guidelines laid down by the regulatory bodies of the different countries that draw attention to the lack of regulations in India. This is followed by a section on the major trends in the IVD market. It includes automation, remote data acquisition, enzyme-linked fluorescence assay (ELFA), chemiluminescence immunoassay (CLIA), capillary electrophoreses (CE) based CLIA, electrochemiluminescence immunoassay (ECLIA), direct access testing and rapid accurate quantification at point of care.
The competition section provides an overview of the in vitro diagnostic equipment manufacturers in India. It includes an elaborate profile of the major players in the market along with their financial analysis. The Porters Five Forces Analysis for the industry has also been incorporated for a brief but effective understanding of the market scenario. At the end of the report a strategic recommendations created after a thorough analysis of the industry has been provided. These recommendations focus on some effective strategic decisions which can be taken up by companies to increase their market shares.
|Diagnostics / Medical technology||Market study|
- 1Cipla Ltd. (CIPLA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 2Apex Healthcare Berhad (AHEALTH) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 3PT Bristol-Myers Squibb Indonesia Tbk (SQBI) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 4Shifa International Hospitals Limited (SHFA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 5Cardiac Assist Devices Market to 2017 - Increasing Uptake of Ventricular Assist Devices and Total Artificial Heart to Drive Growth
- 6Tiger Brands Ltd (TBS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 7Parenteral Nutrition Market to 2017 - Home Care Sector To Witness Strong Market Growth
- 8Kidney and Renal Diseases Therapeutics Market to 2017 - Strong Pipeline and Unmet Need Due to Poor Safety Profiles to Create Opportunities for Growth
- 9Raffles Medical Group (R01) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- 10Renata Limited (RENATA) - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review