Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (NEOP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. (Navidea) is a biomedical company engaged in the development and commercialization of innovative oncology products for enhancing patient care and improve patient outcome. It is specialized in the development of innovative oncology surgical and diagnostic products. The company is focused on improving the cancer surgery outcomes by utilizing its gamma detection devices in combination with radio-pharmaceutical agents. The company has a wide network of distributors where in it markets its products around the world.
The product portfolio of the company includes gamma detection devices that are used in cancer surgery and blood flow measurement products. Gamma detection devices include its neo2000 gamma detection systems, detector probes and accessories that are marketed worldwide for surgical procedures called intraoperative lymphatic mapping (ILM) and blood flow measurement products are used for a variety of clinical needs, including intra-operative quantification, real-time monitoring, non-invasive diagnostics and for the evaluation of blood flow. Navidea through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Cardiosonix Ltd has developed a line of blood flow measurement products.
The product pipeline of the company includes the following technology platforms: lymphoseek, a radioactive tracing agent which is being developed for use in connection with the gamma detection devices in a surgical procedure called as Intraoperative Lymphatic Mapping (ILM); RIGScan CR provides surgeons with real-time information for locating tumor deposits which are not detectable by conventional methods and activated cellular therapy (ACT) uses the RIGS system for surgically locating specialized lymph node cells which can be grown and activated in a proprietary procedure. Neoprobe has formed a new subsidiary for exploring the development of ACT.
Navidea, in cooperation with University of California, San Diego affiliate (UCSD) has completed or initiated 5 Phase 1 clinical trials and a multi-center phase 2 and three multi-center phase 3 trials involving Lymphoseek.
During the fiscal year ended 2010 the company has generated $9.8m from the US sales, $0.18 million from international sales and $0.1 million from license and other revenues. During the fiscal year ended 2010, the company spent $9.22m towards its research and development activities.
In May 2011, the company signed a definitive asset purchase agreement to sell its Navidea GDS line of gamma detection device systems to Devicor Medical Products, Inc.
Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. Key Recent Developments
Feb 29, 2012: Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Reports Q4 2011 Results
Feb 08, 2012: Navidea Biopharmaceuticals Opens Boston-Area Business And Commercial Development Office
Jan 19, 2012: Banner Institute Presents Data On Navidea’s AZD4694 At 6th Annual HAI Meeting
Jan 05, 2012: Neoprobe Changes Name To Navidea Biopharmaceuticals
Dec 15, 2011: Neoprobe Announces Resignation Of David Bupp As Director
This comprehensive SWOT profile of Navidea Biopharmaceuticals, Inc. provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Key manufacturing facilities – A list of key manufacturing facilities of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
GlobalData's clinical trial report, “Psoriasis Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012" provides data on the Psoriasis clinical trial scenario. This report provides elemental information and data relating to the clinical trials on Psoriasis. It includes an overview of the tri ... more
Promethean Corp. (Promethean) is a New York based Health Care company. The company develops, manufactures and distributes its own products and is also involved in providing various health care services. The company through its wholly owned subsidiary, Ceres Living, produces and sells the AI ... more
GlobalData’s new report, “Austria Neurology Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Interventional Neurology, Neurological Diagnostic Equipment, Neurostimulation Devices and Others” provides key market data on the Austria Neurology Devices market. The report provides value (USD mill ... more
As drug makers continue to jostle for market share and deal with declining revenues from their off-patent blockbuster drugs, M&A activity is showing no indication of slowing down in 2013. Pfizer is not leaving any stone unturned as the company continues its growth. Less than two months afte ... more
US demand for influenza vaccines will remain high in the coming decade, following a post-flu pandemic spike, predicts business intelligence provider GlobalData.
According to the company’s latest epidemiology report, seasonal influenza vaccine demand will increase from the 142 million expect ... more
Biotech companies are exploring alternative options to supplement their in-house research and development (R&D), abandoning the traditional blockbuster drug model to instead pursue deals and buy their way to success, says healthcare intelligence providers GlobalData in a new report, which e ... more