GlobalData, the industry analysis specialist, has released its new report, “Melanoma Therapeutics - Pipeline Assessment and Market Forecasts to 2019”. The report is an essential source of information and analysis on the global melanoma therapeutics market. The report identifies the key trends shaping and driving the global melanoma therapeutics market. The report also provides insights on the prevalent competitive landscape and the emerging players expected to significantly alter the market positioning of the current market leaders. Most importantly, the report provides valuable insights on the pipeline products within the global melanoma therapeutics sector. This report is built using data and information sourced from proprietary databases, primary and secondary research and in-house analysis by GlobalData’s team of industry experts.
GlobalData estimates that the global melanoma therapeutics market was worth $0.8 billion in 2011, after increasing at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 22.8% during 2006–2011. During 2011–2019, the market is expected to record a CAGR of 16.6%, from $0.8 billion in 2011 to $2.6 billion in 2019. The current treatment options for melanoma include -
- Newly approved targeted therapies such as Yervoy(ipilimumab) and Zelboraf(vemurafenib)
- Adjuvant therapies such as Intron-A (interferon alfa-2b) and Sylatron(peg-interferon alfa-2b)
- Immunotherapy such as Proleukin(aldesleukin)
- Cytotoxics such as dacarbazine and other off-label drugs including temozolomide, cisplatin and paclitaxel.
The growth of the market is primarily due to the new product approvals and increase in the incidence rates during the forecast period. Due to these factors, the melanoma therapeutics market is expected to show robust growth until 2019.
The report provides information on the key drivers and challenges of the melanoma therapeutics market. Its scope includes -
- Annualized revenues data for seven key markets (the US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, the UK and Japan) in the melanoma therapeutics market from 2006-2011 and forecasts for 2011-2019.
- Pipeline analysis data split across the different phases of development, mechanisms of action being developed and emerging trends. Pipeline candidates fall under the major therapeutic classes of immunotherapies, tyrosine kinase inhibitors, microtubule inhibitors, MEK inhibitors, BRAF inhibitors and anti-VEGF monoclonal antibody.
- Analysis of the current and future competition in the global melanoma therapeutics market. The key market players covered are AB Science, Amgen, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Celgene, Eisai, F-Hoffmann-La Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Plexxikon and vical Incorporated.
- Insightful review of the key industry drivers, restraints and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide a qualitative analysis of its implications.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, unmet need and implications for the melanoma therapeutics market.
- Analysis of key recent licensing and partnership agreements in the melanoma therapeutics market
Reasons to buy
The report will enhance your decision-making capability. It will allow you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of pipeline products and technologies and by identifying the companies with the most robust pipeline.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global melanoma therapeutics market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments and companies likely to impact the global melanoma therapeutics market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- What’s the next big thing in the global melanoma therapeutics market landscape? Identify, understand and capitalize.
Report Highlights AB Science
Eisai Co., Ltd.
F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
GlobalData's clinical trial report, “Psoriasis Global Clinical Trials Review, H1, 2012" provides data on the Psoriasis clinical trial scenario. This report provides elemental information and data relating to the clinical trials on Psoriasis. It includes an overview of the tri ... more
Promethean Corp. (Promethean) is a New York based Health Care company. The company develops, manufactures and distributes its own products and is also involved in providing various health care services. The company through its wholly owned subsidiary, Ceres Living, produces and sells the AI ... more
GlobalData’s new report, “Austria Neurology Devices Market Outlook to 2018 - Interventional Neurology, Neurological Diagnostic Equipment, Neurostimulation Devices and Others” provides key market data on the Austria Neurology Devices market. The report provides value (USD mill ... more
As drug makers continue to jostle for market share and deal with declining revenues from their off-patent blockbuster drugs, M&A activity is showing no indication of slowing down in 2013. Pfizer is not leaving any stone unturned as the company continues its growth. Less than two months afte ... more
US demand for influenza vaccines will remain high in the coming decade, following a post-flu pandemic spike, predicts business intelligence provider GlobalData.
According to the company’s latest epidemiology report, seasonal influenza vaccine demand will increase from the 142 million expect ... more
Biotech companies are exploring alternative options to supplement their in-house research and development (R&D), abandoning the traditional blockbuster drug model to instead pursue deals and buy their way to success, says healthcare intelligence providers GlobalData in a new report, which e ... more