To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Statoil: Prized bacteria
07-03-2002: The Norne licence in the Norwegian Sea and Statoil specialist Egil Sunde have jointly won the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate's improved oil recovery (IOR) prize for 2001 today, 7 March.
Mr Sunde is honoured for his development of the microbial enhanced oil recovery (MEOR) method for extracting more of the stock tank oil originally in place (Stooip) in a reservoir.
This solution utilises bacterial processes to help "wash" oil out of the pore system in the reservoir rock more effectively than with water injection alone.
"Hopefully, the NPD award will help to increase awareness of the method and the opportunities which it offers," Mr Sunde comments.
He has played a leading role in research on various applications for microbes over the past 10 years. His work on MEOR embraces both laboratory tests and field trials in Austria.
These efforts have demonstrated what happens in the reservoir when the bacteria are provided with nutrients, and what effect the system could have.
The Norne licence shares the prize with him because the method is being adopted on this Statoil-operated field.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- Promega and BASF develop alternative method on identifying allergenic substances
- Prosensa receives rare disease 'Company Award' from EURORDIS
- Sixth Merck Serono spin-off company to focus on gastrointestinal immunologic ...