To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
ESA Biosciences has developed a system that enables routine measurement of sulphur-containing compounds
20-09-2007: ESA Biosciences has developed a stable, sensitive, and robust analytical system that enables routine measurement of thiols, thioethers, disulfides and other sulphur-containing compounds. Life-science researchers believe that sulphur-containing compounds are critical to a variety of biologically and clinically important processes - from oxidative metabolism, to cardiovascular and neurodegenerative-disease mechanisms, to signal transduction. According to ESA measuring sulphur-containing compounds has been extraordinarily difficult, until now.
The new ESA system incorporates a specially developed electrochemical cell with a unique Boron Doped Diamond (BDD) working electrode that provides excellent sensitivity and durability, while eliminating the problems (fouling, high background, mobile phase oxidation) associated with earlier ECD systems. According to ESA Vice President of Sales and Marketing, John Christensen, thiols, thioethers, and the like are not very stable, and effective analysis has always been very difficult to perform.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals