To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Painceptor Pharma gains patent for lead drug
04-10-2006: PainCeptor Pharma Corp., a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel therapeutics for the treatment of chronic and acute pain, announced that it has been awarded a series of milestone patents for its two lead drug development programs, NGF (nerve growth factor) and ASIC (acid sensing ion channel) antagonists.
The four patents granted PainCeptor are:
1. 'Neurotrophin Antagonists for the Treatment of Epilepsy, Alzheimer's Disease and Pain'' - patent allowed in Europe (#0930883) and Israel (#129475)
2. 'Method of Inhibiting Neurotrophin-Receptor Binding'' - patent issued in Australia (#781888)
3. "DNA Encoding a Human Proton-Gated Ion Channel and Uses Thereof'' - patent allowed in Europe (#EP-B-1025226)
4. "Method of Inhibiting Neurotrophin-Receptor Binding'' - US Divisional Patent allowed
These patents bring the total of PainCeptor's intellectual property portfolio to 39 issued patents; with an additional 45 patent applications under examination; and a further 10 provisional applications pending.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 3Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 4Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 5A light switch inside the brain
- 6Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 7New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 8Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 9Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU