To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Nexia Biotechnologies to reorganize into oil and gas company
10-01-2006: Nexia Biotechnologies Inc. announced that the Board of Directors has completed its previously announced assessment of corporate assets. Nexia's management has been instructed to proceed immediately with a reorganization strategy to enhance shareholder value. The conceptual transaction structure will protect the value of the PharmAthene and BioSteel assets, and at the same time allow
shareholders to participate in the oil and gas industry.
David Tonken, President of Nexia, commented, "We have determined that it is in Nexia's best interests to reorganize the company while demand for public vehicles containing Nexia's attributes remains strong. Our management has particular expertise in designing and executing such transactions, including the successful conversion of Synsorb Biotech Inc. into what is now Iteration Energy Ltd. We will likely reorganize Nexia within the context of a Plan of Arrangement. This would ultimately result in Nexia shareholders holding a pro-rata interest in two corporate entities. The first, an undiluted interest in a wholly owned subsidiary, which would hold the biotech assets, and the second, an interest in Nexia, which would be made available to a new oil and gas management team seeking to use a public vehicle to raise money and acquire additional assets. Shareholders will be fully informed with our progress as this effort develops."
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- Nexia Biotechnologies
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures