To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Ceres Obtains Commercial License From Japan Tobacco
23-04-2004: Los Angeles. Ceres, Inc., a leading biotechnology company developing high value plants and plant-based products to benefit human health and agriculture has obtained a commercial license from Japan Tobacco Inc. for a proprietary transformation system known as PureIntro(TM). Terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
"We are very pleased to have secured a license to PureIntro(TM) technology. This is an important tool for commercializing high-value plants and plant-based products," stated Richard Flavell, the Chief Scientific Officer of Ceres. He added, "Ceres has identified the biological roles of thousands of genes related to crop traits using its large collection of full-length cDNAs. Ceres is now moving rapidly to designing breakthrough traits. Having access to the PureIntro(TM) transformation technology will speed up our product development efforts in many economically valuable crops."
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 5A light switch inside the brain
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures