To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Ansell Limited acquires Comasec SAS
15-08-2012: Ansell Limited announced the acquisition of Comasec SAS and its subsidiaries. Comasec is a privately owned French group with sales of around EUR100m (approximately A$120m), manufacturing operations in Portugal and Malaysia and over 1200 employees globally.
Comasec is a significant participant in the European Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Glove Market, and has a presence in North America. It specialises in gloves for chemical protection, food handling, cut protection, mechanical protection, dry box and thermal protection. Major brands are Comasec, Marigold, and Marigold Industrial.
Magnus Nicolin, Ansell’s CEO commented “From a strategic perspective, Comasec ticks all the boxes. Comasec’s gloves complement and extend Ansell’s Industrial and Specialty Markets product ranges, its brands and people are well regarded in Europe especially and its culture will fit well with Ansell’s. Clearly there are opportunities for cost synergies, but this acquisition, more than anything, helps us to strengthen our Industrial and Specialty Markets businesses. We expect solid growth synergies as our combined teams and improved offerings help us to better serve our customers”.
Closing is expected by October, subject to regulatory approvals. The (cash-free, debtfree) purchase price is EUR101.5m (A$118m) and is being funded out of Ansell’savailable cash and credit facilities. After expensing transaction and integration costs, itis expected to be slightly EPS accretive in F’13 and strongly accretive thereafter.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 3Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures