To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
ZZ Biotech Initiates Phase 1 Study with 3K3A-APC for the Treatment of Acute Ischemic Stroke
10-08-2012: ZZ Biotech, LLC today announced that it has commenced dosing healthy volunteers in a Phase 1 clinical study with 3K3A-APC, a recombinant variant of human activated protein C (APC), being developed for the treatment of acute ischemic stroke.
The Phase 1 study is a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, single-center trial that will investigate the safety and pharmacokinetics of single and multiple ascending doses of 3K3A-APC in healthy adult volunteers. Approximately 62 eligible adult subjects will be assigned sequentially to 1 of 10 cohorts, at successively higher single doses, followed by successively higher multiple doses. Results of the study are anticipated in the first quarter of 2013.
The foundation for 3K3A-APC was laid by scientific work conducted in laboratories at the University of Southern California and The Scripps Research Institute.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- Promega and BASF develop alternative method on identifying allergenic substances
- Prosensa receives rare disease 'Company Award' from EURORDIS
- Sixth Merck Serono spin-off company to focus on gastrointestinal immunologic ...