To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evonik joint venture for Biolys production in Russia: Executive Board approves realization
16-07-2012: Evonik Industries is moving forward with its plans to produce Biolys®, a source of L-lysine for animal nutrition, in the OOO DonBioTech joint venture in Russia. The Evonik Executive Board has approved the realization of the project, based in Volgodonsk in Russia's Rostov region. The DonBioTech joint venture will now go ahead with the construction of a Biolys® manufacturing plant in Volgodonsk. The facility is scheduled to go on stream in 2014 with a capacity of around 100,000 metric tons of Biolys®. Evonik, which is holding a minority share, and the Russian Varshavsky Group are the operative partners in the joint venture. Furthermore, JSC Russian Agricultural Bank is interested in participating in the financing of the project.
The joint venture will predominantly serve the Russian market. "Russia will become an important market for us, given that demand there for amino acids used in animal feed has experienced healthy growth for years," explains Patrik Wohlhauser, the Evonik Industries Executive Board Member in charge of the Consumer, Health & Nutrition segment. "The special biotech-based L-lysine, which Evonik markets under the name of Biolys®, is benefitting from growth in worldwide meat consumption."
The joint venture in Russia will employ Evonik fermentation technology at its new Biolys® plant. This technology has been significantly improved in recent years to optimize its efficiency and its raw material and energy consumption levels. The plant will use wheat procured from the Rostov region, which the joint venture will process for the Biolys® production.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Eurofins MWG Operon launches SmartSeq
- Bone Therapeutics Invests in Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility
- SCHOTT strengthens its position in the Asian pharmaceutical market
- Analytik Jena: Opening ceremony of new competence center in Moscow with high-ranking guests
- Evonik joint venture for Biolys production in Russia: Executive Board approves realization
- Russia’s Pharma Industry Impresses as Economy Continues to Grow
- Evonik invests in the feed amino acid L-lysine in Brazil and Russia
- Evolva obtains patent coverage in Russia on EV-077 for use in complications of diabetes