To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Glythera Relocates to North East as Part of £2M Funding Round
26-06-2012: Glythera, an emerging biopharmaceutical company specialising in protein/peptide functionalisation and glycosylation, has secured a fundraising round totalling GBP2M with IP Group, which will be tranched over the next three years.
The company, a spin-out from the University of Bath, has recently established commercial operations at Newcastle's INEX incubator facility, following an initial GBP600,000 investment split equally between IP Group and its managed fund, the Finance for Business North East Technology Fund. The next two tranches will be of a similar size and are contingent on certain milestones being met.
Glythera's relocation has led to the immediate creation of new research and development positions in the North East of England including the appointment of Dr David Simpson as Chief Operating Officer. David has over 15 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, having held senior technical, managerial and leadership positions centred on the development and manufacturing of biopharmaceutical products destined for worldwide approval. Further growth is anticipated over the next three years in line with the company's commercial and technical needs.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Body fat hardens arteries after middle age
- Emphasis on X-ray quality spurs adoption of radiography, finds Frost & Sullivan
- Clarifying the effect of stem cell therapy on cancer
- Demand for hybrid solutions to spur European interventional radiology and cardiology markets, finds Frost & Sullivan
- Plate reader for drug discovery