To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Siegfried plans production plant in Nantong, China
06-07-2012: Siegfried plans the erection of a production plant in Nantong, China, supported by NETDA, a Chinese development organization. The development of production capacity in China will strengthen Siegfried’s competitive position and create additional sales opportunities in Asia. The company is exploring further cooperation agreements with Chinese companies
Following the entry into sterile filling through the acquisition at the end of May 2012 of Alliance Medial Products in Irvine, California, Siegfried is now implementing another strategic project. Siegfried will develop production capacity in China within the parameters of geographic diversification of production locations and improvement of cost structure. The company will establish a production facility in Nantong, located north-west of Shanghai, where in 2011 Siegfried secured land rights in a modern industrial park.
In an initial phase, Siegfried will invest in a plant producing active pharmaceutical ingredients and intermediates. In China also, the company will produce in accordance with high quality standards. The planned facility allows for production in accordance with internationally recognized standards of current good manufacturing practice (cGMP). The available land permits extension in a second phase to include, for instance, the production of finished dosage forms.
Investment in the development of the new location will be stepwise. NETDA, Siegfried’s cooperation partner, will provide a fully functional industrial infrastructure. NETDA also provides support to Siegfried in obtaining the required authorizations and licenses. Production is to commence in 2014.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 3Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 4Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 5A light switch inside the brain
- 6Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 7New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 8Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 9Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Eurofins MWG Operon launches SmartSeq
- Bone Therapeutics Invests in Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility
- SCHOTT strengthens its position in the Asian pharmaceutical market