To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Eckert & Ziegler obtains manufacturing authorization for pharmaceutical Gallium-68 generators
08-06-2012: Eckert & Ziegler Radiopharma GmbH, a subsidiary of Eckert & Ziegler AG, has been given the manufacturing authorization for its pharmaceutical 68Ge/68Ga generators at the newly-built, GMP-compliant manufacturing facilities in Berlin. The authorization given by the local German competent authority allows the manufacture of pharmaceutical 68Ge/68Ga generators for use in clinical studies.
68Ge/68Ga generators enable Gallium-68 radionuclide production for use in Positron Emission Tomography (PET). The radionuclide can be coupled with a multipurpose diagnostic biomolecule to locally create ready-for-use pharmaceuticals used in PET scan diagnoses. Currently, clinical uses of Gallium-68-labelled diagnostic pharmaceuticals are mostly in oncology. However, vast strides have been made in the development of pharmaceuticals in cardiology and in degenerative nerve diseases. In contrast to Fluorine-18 or Carbon-11-based PET diagnostics, Gallium-68-based technology does not require the use of expensive cyclotrons, thereby reducing costs and enabling increased flexibility in the practice of nuclear medicine diagnostic imaging.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- Analytik Jena AG establishes subsidiary in Thailand
- Eurofins MWG Operon launches SmartSeq
- Bone Therapeutics Invests in Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility
- SCHOTT strengthens its position in the Asian pharmaceutical market
- Evotec and Harvard University to collaborate on development of new class of antibacterials
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial year 2012/2013
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differentiation
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013