To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Sobi appoints Birgitte Volck as Chief Medical Officer
05-06-2012: Birgitte Volck has been appointed Senior Vice President, Chief Medical Officer at Sobi with responsibility for Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Drug Safety and Medical Affairs.
Birgitte Volck is currently Executive Development Director, Bone, Neuroscience & Inflammation at Amgen Limited in Uxbridge, UK. She has held several senior positions within Amgen since 2007, including Executive Medical Director, Nordic & Baltic Region. Prior to Amgen she was Nordic Medical Director & Project Director at Genzyme A/S in Denmark 2004-2007, and Vice President, Clinical Development & Medical Affairs at Pharmexa A/S in Denmark 2001-2004.
During 1991-2000 she had various clinical and scientific assignments, mainly within rheumatology, at the Copenhagen University Hospitals. She holds a PhD and has published a number of scientific papers related to inflammation, connective tissue metabolism, biomarkers and arthritis.
Birgitte Volck, 49 years, is MD and PhD from the University of Copenhagen. She will report to CEO Geoffrey McDonough and will be a member of the Executive Leadership Team. She will assume her position on August 1, 2012.
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals
- Definiens Appoints Professor Dr. Ralf Huss as Chief Medical Officer
- AMRI Promotes Takeshi Yura, Ph.D., to Vice President of Discovery and Develo ...
- Anders Hamsten to be installed as new president of Karolinska Institutet
- Biocartis strengthens management team with general counsel
- OBN announces changes to board of directors
- A new European Consortium to boost our understanding of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Cells must use their brakes moderately for effective speed control
- Unethical advertising at launch of antidepressants
- Mammograms reveal response to common cancer drug
- New light shed on early stage Alzheimer's disease