To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
CLC bio expands and hires new Director of Business in the US
05-06-2012: CLC bio announced the appointment of Richard Lussier as the new Director of Business for the Americas region. This appointment underlines the rapid expansion that has been going on for several years at CLC bio in the US, and is projected to continue in order to match the increasing number of new and returning customers investing in CLC bio's analysis platform.
Since the beginning of the year, CLC bio has increased the US-based staff by more than 50%, adding new employees and managers with scientific backgrounds for the sales and support departments, primarily around the US headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
“We're a company in fast growth all over the world, so it's natural for us to focus our expansion even further in our biggest single market - the US. All our new colleagues come highly qualified, with experience from organizations like MIT, the Broad, PacBio, Illumina, Bio-Rad, and RainDance among others." states CEO at CLC bio, Thomas Knudsen, and continues, "Adding a proven and experienced leader like Richard Lussier positions us brilliantly for developing our Americas organization while maintaning a high level of support for all our new and existing customers."
Newly hired Director of Business at CLC bio Americas, Richard Lussier, adds, "With the emergence of next generation sequencing, I've seen CLC bio rapidly grow from a startup company to being the market leader in the commercial sequence analysis space. From today, it's my pleasure to help accelerate this development and help take CLC bio Americas to the next level!"
As Director of Business, Richard Lussier will be responsible for developing CLC bio's presence in the Americas region. He brings more than 20 years of industry experience in life science sales and commercial operations, and joins CLC bio most recently from RainDance Technologies where he was the VP of Worldwide Sales. Richard Lussier's prior experience includes leadership positions building sales, service, and support organizations at Solexa (now part of Illumina), Fluidigm, as well as Applied Biosystems (now part of Life Technologies) and Celera Genomics.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- CLC bio
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 7Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- 8Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 9DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals opens new 6-APA intermediate plant in China
- 10Pharmsynthez granted Orphan Drug Designation for Virexxa in the US
- The Facebook effect: Social media dramatically boosts organ donor registration
- Psychiatric disorders linked to a protein involved in the formation of long-term memories
- Study finds racial and ethnic disparities in usage of specialty services for children with autism
- Bacterium breaks down grass into biofuel
- Be gone, bacteria