To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Siegfried acquires Alliance Medical Products
01-06-2012: Siegfried Holding AG has acquired Alliance Medical Products, Inc., Irvine, California. This acquisition gives Siegfried an entry into the custom market for sterile filling services.
Complementing the company’s technology base with competency in sterile filling services is a strategic goal for the Siegfried Group. By taking over 100% of the shares of privately-held Alliance Medical Products (AMP), the Swiss pharmaceutical supplier makes a substantial step toward additional profitable growth. The purchase price of $58 million is to be paid immediately, with a contingent earn-out to be paid if defined profitability goals have been met for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2013. The transaction is expected to be accretive already in 2012.
Founded in 2001, AMP is based in Irvine, California and provides sterile filling services for medications. The company achieved revenues of $20 million in 2011 with approximately 100 employees.
The acquisition provides various synergies for both companies, especially in the areas of technology and marketing. Dr. Rudolf Hanko, Siegfried CEO, explains: “Siegfried is one of the few companies with capabilities in both pharmaceutical and chemical manufacturing. Our acquisition of AMP expands this exceptional offer into the sterile filling market, a particularly attractive segment. Integrating AMP into the Siegfried Group is an asset for both companies.”
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4A light switch inside the brain
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 7Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures