To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
UCB expands in Brazil
Joins forces with Brazilian Meizler creating Meizler UCB Biopharma S.A.
04-06-2012: UCB and Meizler Biopharma, a privately-owned Brazilian pharmaceutical company, announced that they have signed an agreement by which UCB acquires 51% of Meizler Biopharma. The agreement foresees performance related milestone payments in the coming years as well as an option to purchase the remaining 49% later in time. The parties have agreed not to disclose further details pertaining to financial elements of the transaction.
"Our strategic partnership in Brazil with Meizler Biopharma is part of UCB’s growth strategy. UCB’s decision to partner with Meizler Biopharma relies especially on their local infrastructure, Avi Meizler's and his team's experience and excellent reputation", says Roch Doliveux, CEO of UCB. " Brazil is one of UCB’s key markets in which the company did not have a direct presence yet.It is currently the 7th largest biopharmaceutical market world-wide and is growing fast. With Meizler Biopharma, we look forward to building our presence in this region, creating a platform to launch UCB’s new products and making our medicines available to more patients".
Avi Meizler, the founder, CEO and principle shareholder of Meizler Biopharma, says: "We are very happy with our new partner UCB which strengthens Meizler Biopharma and brings the advantages of a global biopharmaceutical leader including a strong R&D pipeline of potential new products. Knowledge and expertise sharing between our teams will create a platform for growth to the benefits of patients living with severe diseases".
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures
- New angle to combat malignant brain tumors in children
- Ablynx and Spirogen enter in research collaboration for toxin-nanobody drug conjugates
- Bone Therapeutics Invests in Cell Therapy Manufacturing Facility
- Cell therapy a little more concrete thanks to VIB research
- Neupro approved in Japan for Parkinson’s disease and Restless Legs Syndrome