To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Zytoprotec Completes Phase I/II Trial of Novel Dialysate
25-05-2012: Zytoprotec, a company developing drugs based on active cytoprotection, announced the completion of a Phase I/II clinical trial with its lead product, PD-protec™. The product is developed to improve the treatment of patients with kidney failure.
“This randomized cross-over trial has shown that PD-protec™ is safe and well-tolerated”, said Dr. Christoph Aufricht, Chief Scientific Officer of Zytoprotec. “The trial was also designed to provide biological material to be analyzed for indicators of efficacy. While we are currently processing the samples, we see first hints that PD-protec™ may improve survival of abdominal cells in peritoneal dialysis.”
“I am very pleased that Zytoprotec has reached this important clinical milestone for its lead product”, said Peter C. Weilguni, Chief Executive Officer of the Company. “Our development team has demonstrated great discipline and I am confident that we will be able to initiate the Phase II trial with PD-protec™ in autumn this year. We are currently preparing for the financing of this trial, and are in advanced negotiations with a venture fund closely linked to a global pharmaceutical company. “
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 7Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- 8Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 9DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals opens new 6-APA intermediate plant in China
- 10Pharmsynthez granted Orphan Drug Designation for Virexxa in the US
- History of analytical measuring technology in Jena
- Malvern Instruments announces global agreement with Proveris Scientific
- Analytik Jena to develop products for sepsis diagnostics
- analytica Vietnam 2013 – Platform for innovations
- Promega and BASF develop alternative method on identifying allergenic substances