To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evogene's Subsidiary, Evofuel, and T6 Industrial to Collaborate on Biodiesel Feedstock Production in Argentina
Collaboration represents expansion of Evofuel’s Latin American operations, currently focused on Brazil
24-05-2012: Evogene Ltd. and T6 Industrial S.A., a biodiesel producer in Argentina, announced that Evofuel Ltd., Evogene's wholly owned subsidiary, and T6 Industrial, entered a collaboration for development of castor bean seeds as a sustainable and cost competitive feedstock for biodiesel production.
Under the collaboration, Evofuel and T6 Industrial S.A aim to evaluate and develop Evofuel's advanced castor bean varieties, displaying high oil yield under rain-fed conditions, for commercial production in Argentina. The companies anticipate initiating field trials in Argentina as well as validating the economics and scalability of using Evofuel’s castor bean varieties as a feedstock to supply T6 Industrial's biodiesel facilities.
"Our announced collaboration with T6 Industrial is a strategic step towards expanding our activity into additional markets in Latin America, further to our ongoing activity in Brazil, which bears substantial opportunities for large scale commercial production of castor," stated Assaf Oron, General Manager of Evofuel. "We are excited to work with T6 Industrial to provide a viable and economically attractive feedstock solution for the biodiesel market in Argentina."
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 4Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 5A light switch inside the brain
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Oxford BioMedica Announces Lentiviral Vector Development and Manufacturing C ...
- Belfer Institute and Evotec establish collaboration in oncology
- BRAIN-led industrial NatLifE 2020 innovation alliance started after receipt ...
- 4SC Discovery and LEO Pharma announce exclusive research and license agreeme ...
- Evogene reports first quarter 2013 financial results
- 'Traffic' in our cells works both for and against us
- BGU researchers have discovered how prolonged exposure to stress can increase the risk of autoimmune diseases
- Researchers from BGU have generated a promising drug candidate for the treatment of Psoriasis
- Not just cars, but living organisms need antifreeze to survive