To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
AB SCIEX Achieves ISO 13485 Certification for Manufacturing of LC/MS Systems
22-05-2012: AB SCIEX announced that it has achieved ISO 13485 certification for its quality management system. ISO 13485 is an international standard that requires a manufacturer to demonstrate a comprehensive and compliant quality management system suitable for the design and manufacturing of medical devices. This ISO certification is often considered a first step toward complying with European regulatory requirements for a device to be cleared for use in the clinic. AB SCIEX currently manufactures and sells LC/MS/MS systems for research use only.
“AB SCIEX is taking the necessary steps to be compliant with regulatory requirements that govern entry into clinical diagnostics,” said Rainer Blair, President of AB SCIEX. “Achieving the ISO 13485 certification is an important measure toward realizing the vision of our LC/MS/MS systems to be cleared for use in clinics. The potential impact of mass spectrometry technologies on clinical diagnostics is significant.”
The ISO 13485 certification covers AB SCIEX’s manufacturing facility in Singapore as well as its R&D design center in Toronto, Canada.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 7Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- 8Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 9DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals opens new 6-APA intermediate plant in China
- 10Pharmsynthez granted Orphan Drug Designation for Virexxa in the US
- Exposure to high pollution levels during pregnancy may increase risk of having child with autism
- Concussion patients show Alzheimer's-like brain abnormalities
- Can new FDA graphic warning labels for tobacco pass a first amendment legal challenge?
- The Facebook effect: Social media dramatically boosts organ donor registration
- Psychiatric disorders linked to a protein involved in the formation of long-term memories