To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
QIAGEN acquires AmniSure International to add unique assay to emerging Point of Need portfolio
04-05-2012: QIAGEN N.V. announced the acquisition of AmniSure International LLC, a privately owned Boston company that markets the AmniSure® assay for determining whether a pregnant woman is suffering rupture of fetal membranes (ROM), a condition in which fluid leaks from the amniotic sac prematurely.
“We are very pleased to bring the AmniSure assay into our emerging portfolio of solutions for Point of Need diagnostics. This very accurate diagnostic test contributes significant value in the management of pregnancy and adds to QIAGEN’s portfolio of tests and in particular for the OB/GYN market that also includes our gold-standard digene HPV Test. Our clinical sales force in the U.S., which primarily serves the OB/GYN market, offers significant synergies to drive adoption of AmniSure, so the transaction also adds momentum to our strategic initiative to grow efficiently and effectively,” said Peer Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V.
Financial terms of the agreement to acquire AmniSure, a privately held company, were not disclosed.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 7Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- 8Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 9DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals opens new 6-APA intermediate plant in China
- 10Pharmsynthez granted Orphan Drug Designation for Virexxa in the US
- History of analytical measuring technology in Jena
- Resolutions of the Annual General Meeting of Evotec
- ZEISS to acquire Xradia to complement its microscopy business
- DHL launches industry-changing temperature controlled Life Sciences air frei ...
- Novasep appoints Udo Steinhauer as fine chemicals market director
- The Facebook effect: Social media dramatically boosts organ donor registration
- Psychiatric disorders linked to a protein involved in the formation of long-term memories
- Study finds racial and ethnic disparities in usage of specialty services for children with autism
- Bacterium breaks down grass into biofuel
- Be gone, bacteria