To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
QIAGEN acquires AmniSure International to add unique assay to emerging Point of Need portfolio
04-05-2012: QIAGEN N.V. announced the acquisition of AmniSure International LLC, a privately owned Boston company that markets the AmniSure® assay for determining whether a pregnant woman is suffering rupture of fetal membranes (ROM), a condition in which fluid leaks from the amniotic sac prematurely.
“We are very pleased to bring the AmniSure assay into our emerging portfolio of solutions for Point of Need diagnostics. This very accurate diagnostic test contributes significant value in the management of pregnancy and adds to QIAGEN’s portfolio of tests and in particular for the OB/GYN market that also includes our gold-standard digene HPV Test. Our clinical sales force in the U.S., which primarily serves the OB/GYN market, offers significant synergies to drive adoption of AmniSure, so the transaction also adds momentum to our strategic initiative to grow efficiently and effectively,” said Peer Schatz, Chief Executive Officer of QIAGEN N.V.
Financial terms of the agreement to acquire AmniSure, a privately held company, were not disclosed.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals
- Carl Zeiss Meditec improves its results in first six months of financial yea ...
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Frost & Sullivan commends Merck Serono for its excellence in product differe ...
- SYGNIS reports results for the first quarter of 2013
- ZEISS presents half-year financial figures