To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Humboldt-Rankings 2012 – Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces among the top three best
27-04-2012: Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces numbers among the non-university research institutions as one of the three best addresses for foreign scientists in Germany
According to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation the Max Planck Institute of Colloids and Interfaces (MPIKG) is one of the high-end addresses for foreign junior scientists and Humboldt awardees in Germany. The foundation informed that from 2007-2011 the institute became third place (weighted rankings) and second place (absolute rankings) among the non-university research institutions. In total 50 research stays of foreign laureates and scholarship holders were counted for the rankings.
The excellent standing of the institute is particularly remarkable because it was founded only 20 years ago in the new eastern states of Germany. Therefore the international visibility and networking had to be established in a rather short period which was obviously successful.
The Humboldt Rankings comprise weighted rankings for both universities and non-university research institutions. However, as each institution has its own particular strengths and weaknesses in the various disciplines, the Humboldt Rankings also differentiate according to four major academic areas: Humanities and Social Sciences; Life Sciences; Natural Sciences and Engineering Sciences. In the case of stays at non-university research institutions this differentiation is only applied to the absolute figures.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- Alexander von Humboldt-…
- 1Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 2Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 3Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Merck & Co., Inc. Opens Asia Pacific Regional Headquarters in Singapore
- 6Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- 7Pharmexa A/S sells Pharmexa-Epimmune to the Korean company VaxOnco, Inc.
- 8DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals opens new 6-APA intermediate plant in China
- 9MIV-210 - a potential drug against hepatitis B and HIV - enters phase II
- 10Sanofi-aventis to acquire Oenobiol
- An end to chasing structures that were never there
- Bacterium breaks down grass into biofuel
- Psychiatric disorders linked to a protein involved in the formation of long- ...
- Study finds racial and ethnic disparities in usage of specialty services for ...
- Presentation of the 2013 Eppendorf Award for Young European Investigators