To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Evogene Expands Biofuel Activity in Brazil with SLC Agricola
Expanded Agreement follows Successful Completion of Field Trials
14-12-2011: Evogene Ltd. and SLC Agricola announced expansion of their agreement for the development of castor bean seeds as a cost competitive feedstock for biofuels. This expansion follows successful completion of field trials for such varieties in northeast Brazil during 2011.
The collaboration between Evogene and SLC Agricola, initiated in 2010, is focused on developing advanced castor seed displaying high oil yield under rain-fed conditions and suitable for sustainable and commercial production in Brazil. In recently completed field trials, proprietary castor varieties developed by Evogene demonstrated improved yield potential and performance compared to existing cultivars. Under the expanded agreement, the companies will continue to collaborate on evaluating Evogene's castor varieties in SLC's farm locations in northeast Brazil to determine the best performing varieties and agronomic practices suitable for commercial scale production.
About SLC Agricola SLC Agricola SA. is one of the largest land owners and agricultural producers in Brazil, being also the first in its sector (grains and cotton) to list its shares in a stock exchange. It focuses of the production of cotton, soybean and corn, and also on the acquisition and development of farmland in the country for future sale. The Company currently operates 13 production units, in six different states, totaling 250 thousand hectares of planted area at the 2011/12 crop year. The Company’s business model is based on a large-scale, modern production system, with standardized production units, thoroughly up-to-date technology and rigorous cost controls, underpinned by social and environmental responsibility.
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 3Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Pharmexa enters into an agreement regarding GV1001 with the Korean company KAEL Co. Ltd
- Malvern Instruments announces global agreement with Proveris Scientific
- Evonik selects OPX Biotechnologies for joint development of bio-based chemicals
- Oxford BioMedica Announces Lentiviral Vector Development and Manufacturing C ...
- Belfer Institute and Evotec establish collaboration in oncology
- BRAIN-led industrial NatLifE 2020 innovation alliance started after receipt ...
- Leica Microsystems and Leica Biosystems strengthen market position in Brazil
- FuturaGene and EMBRAPA sign an umbrella Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Evonik invests in the feed amino acid L-lysine in Brazil and Russia
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Acquires Probiotica in Brazil
- Evogene Expands Biofuel Activity in Brazil with SLC Agricola