To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Immune System Therapeutics moves to reach international markets with appointment of new Chief Executive Officer
06-10-2011: Immune System Therapeutics Limited (IST) announced Chief Executive Officer Alan Liddle had informed the board of his decision to retire from the role of CEO. International executive and healthcare specialist, Dr Calum McKinlay, has been appointed Chief Executive Officer, effective from the end of September 2011.
Mr Liddle, who co-founded the company in 2001, said he wanted to continue supporting the significant global opportunities for IST's unique patented anti-cancer therapies. He will continue as a member of the Board as a non-executive director.
Dr McKinlay trained as a hospital clinician and immunologist in London before commencing a 20 year career in finance, internationally. He has taken on direct investment, advisory and CEO roles principally in healthcare, infrastructure and medical companies. This has been with the motivation of improving health indices while generating solid returns for investors. He has held senior executive positions in HSBC Investment Bank (Asia), Macquarie Bank (International) and ABN AMRO Investment Bank as Head of Healthcare in Sydney. He has also been instrumental in a number of start-up, public and private medical companies growing these from conception up to and after listing as CEO or at Board level. Calum has returned to Sydney to continue his association with IST after his original involvement as a Director during its early years and the first round of financing. Calum holds qualifications in Medicine (MB BS) and Immunology (BSc) from UCH, London. He is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Bankers (ACIB.)
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 4Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 5Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Definiens Appoints Professor Dr. Ralf Huss as Chief Medical Officer
- AMRI Promotes Takeshi Yura, Ph.D., to Vice President of Discovery and Develo ...
- Anders Hamsten to be installed as new president of Karolinska Institutet
- Biocartis strengthens management team with general counsel
- OBN announces changes to board of directors