To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Bavarian Nordic's MVA-BN patent stands in European validity challenge
07-10-2010: Bavarian Nordic A/S announced that the company successfully defended its core patent covering the MVA-BN® technology despite aggressive attempts from competitors to revoke the patent in Europe.
The patent was granted in December 2005 and after the nine month opposition period in which any third party can file an opposition against any patent granted in a European jurisdiction, seven companies opposed the patent. The opposition proceeding has been pending at the European Patent Office for several years.
After an oral hearing in the first instance the Opposition Division today rendered its decision to uphold the patent with certain amended claims.
Bavarian Nordic's President & CEO, Anders Hedegaard commented: "We are very pleased with the decision by the first instance to uphold our core patent, thus confirming its uniqueness. We have substantially invested our resources to develop our MVA BN® technology and our efforts have led to the creation of valuable intellectual property, which we successfully have defended today."
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Nomad Bioscience: new plant biotechnology company founded to focus on biomaterials and biopharmaceuticals