To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Labcyte Awarded US Patent for Real-Time Power Optimization
26-08-2010: Labcyte announced the grant of its 40th US patent. Patent number 7,717,544 describes how in real time acoustic energy is optimized to transfer a droplet of any fluid, even those that are unknown. Labcyte’s acoustic droplet ejection technology offers touchless transfer of a wide variety of fluids, with major benefits in life science applications including drug discovery, genomics, proteomics and diagnostics.
“This new feature — already incorporated in our products — allows customers to transfer liquids for a wide range of applications including siRNA screening, qPCR, genotyping and total assay assembly for drug discovery,” said Rich Ellson, Labcyte CTO. “Customers have chosen Echo liquid handlers because they provide better precision and accuracy, reduce operating costs and eliminate cross-contamination. The technology described in the patent allows users to transfer many different fluids with factory-installed calibrations that require no user customization. By delivering precisely the amount of acoustic energy required the challenges faced by other liquid handling platforms, such as variable surface tension and viscosity, are eliminated. The built-in intelligence of the Echo platform automatically optimizes fluid transfer well by well.”
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU