To use all functions of this page, please activate cookies in your browser.
With an accout for my.bionity.com you can always see everything at a glance – and you can configure your own website and individual newsletter.
- My watch list
- My saved searches
- My saved topics
- My newsletter
Svein Lien appointed new CEO of Biotec Pharmacon ASA
12-03-2010: Svein Lien has been appointed new CEO of Biotec Pharmacon, following Lars Viksmoen's decision to resign after 3 years as CEO. Svein Lien will assume the position with effect from 15 March, 2010.
Svein Lien (55) joins the company with a financial background and extensive experience from technology- and diagnostics businesses, most recently as CEO of Axis-Shield plc, the diagnostic company listed in London and Oslo.
"I am very much looking forward to this challenge" Svein Lien says. "I know the company very well from several years as a Board Member and have always been very confident with the technology platform and admired the highly skilled and talented organization. I also have a strong faith in the opportunities created by the close relation to the research community in Tromsø. We will need some more time to conclude on the roote cause behind the disappointing Phase III results and to clarify the strategic route forward. Following that we will inform the market, most likely via a capital market day in Q2."
Contact / Request information
Request further information free of charge:
This is where you can add this news to your personal favourites
- 1Pro Bono Bio Launches Flexiseq: A Novel Approach to the Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- 2Fighting listeria and other food-borne illnesses with nanobiotechnology
- 3Rosetta Resolver® Gene Expression Data Analysis System licensed by Aventis Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- 4Using human brain cells to make mice smarter
- 5Pharma’s New Hero: Supergenerics Save Money and Improve Drugs
- 6Vivacta Initiates Development of Point of Care Test for Vitamin D
- 7A light switch inside the brain
- 8Researchers divide enzyme to conquer genetic puzzle
- 9New study confirms fungal infection of the foot is a risk factor for bacterial tissue infection of the leg
- 10Bayer’s Novel Anticoagulant Xarelto now also Approved in the EU
- Definiens Appoints Professor Dr. Ralf Huss as Chief Medical Officer
- AMRI Promotes Takeshi Yura, Ph.D., to Vice President of Discovery and Develo ...
- Anders Hamsten to be installed as new president of Karolinska Institutet
- Biocartis strengthens management team with general counsel
- OBN announces changes to board of directors
- More than 97% of Pronova’s shareholders accept BASF’s offer for Pronova BioPharma
- Elacytarabine in combination with idarubicin shows promising efficacy in Phase II trial in acute myeloid leukaemia
- Clavis Pharma completes patient recruitment in Phase III study with elacytarabine in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia
- Clavis Pharma announces negative outcome of pivotal LEAP Trial with CP-4126 in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- Algeta initiates new R&D program to investigate a Targeted Thorium Conjugate (TTC) against hematological cancers